Our storyLou in Love is a modern swedish silk brand founded in 2015 by Frida Benno Hjerpe and Karin Tranaeus.
Thanks to their different experiences and backgrounds the two founders complement each other. Karin has a law degree and gained experience in the fashion industry while living in China for several years designing her own fashion label. Frida has a bachelor in journalism and has also for several years been modeling worldwide.
Our visionLou in Love has a touch of french romanticism that meets scandinavian simplicity, resulting in a strong, powerful and independent expression. All our garments are made of the finest silk. A woman wearing Lou in Love feels comfortable, luxurious and sure of herself. Our target audience appreciates our identity and how we show our products through honesty and nudity in the photographs. We think strong, smart and independent women who have an eye for details and recognize the value of high quality will appreciate our brand.
We are working with one of Swedens best photographers Tobias Regell. He has a unique and an expressive way of shooting and he is a genious making pictures interesting, thats why we think he is the right man for making our pictures.
The idea of wearing Lou in Love is that you can use your silk clothes everyday, at the morning meeting, at the office, wearing the same outfit to late night dinner. We believe it is a good investment for your wardrobe, buying sustainable clothes with a wide use for your everyday and night.
Our collectionThe styles are all designed by both Frida and Karin. The different designs are named after people they love and appreciate. All garments are made from finest silk.
Why silk?We want to make people aware that they shouldn’t only use their silk shirt or dress for some very special occasion. We want to bring silk into every woman’s life. Using clothes made in silk makes you feel elegant even in the most basic top or blouse. Wear a silk top with your skirt or combine it with a pair of vintage jeans, two nice different looks and it will always feel and look right.
The beautiful characteristics of silk
- Silk is a very soft and comfortable natural fabric
- Silk is the perfect fabric to balance your body’s temperature. Its natural properties allow the body to breathe, keeping the body cool in hot weather and warm at low temperatures
- Silk has been used for at least 5000 years in China
- Silk is absorbent and dries quickly. It can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling damp
- Silk is easily dyed in many deep colors due to its high absorbency
- Silk is the most hypoallergenic of all fabrics because of its natural protein structure
- Silk is a sustainable fabric and if you care for your silk piece with love, it will stay with you for many years
- Silk is one of the strongest natural fibre
- All silk is washable and the best way to wash it is by hand
- Silk retains its shape, drapes well, caresses the figure and shimmers with a luster all on its own